You’re the first LB graduate I sat through the entire ceremony for. It was worth every disgusting probably-sun-burnt tan line I now proudly have. It was so exciting to see you finally walk up to the stage and be handed the “diploma”. After 1.75 years of watching you stress and cry and scream, we end up here today, where you graduated with a huge smile. Praise the Lord, Hallelujer. God knew you had it in you to do all this and He’ll carry you through to the end of it. I can’t wait for your pinning ceremony- the moment you can officially call yourself a “real” nurse. Congratulations, Rebecca Law! <3
Watching you graduate today has gotten me so excited for next year!
I wonder if Lexi really saw my dad trying to save her life two nights ago from that dog and is now showing him more affection. She used to just be friendly around him, but now it’s almost as if they’re best friends. They wrestle together with blankets, they play tug-a-war with squeaky dolls in the house together, and every time she goes upstairs, she tends to go into his room first. It’s almost like a love affair, seriously. A little unsettling but superbly cute at times.
Most stressed about school I’ve ever been but I don’t want to talk about that in this post. What I want to talk about are the people I’ll miss because I just spent the past two years getting to know them as my sisters. It’s finally starting to dawn on me that this is real and you two are leaving :(.
1. Priscilla Jang- I’m going to miss your guitar playing and your singing. I’m going to miss talking with you about whatever random things pop up. I’m going to miss your big laugh and your loud screams when you see a spider! I’ll miss the times we share whatever is on our mind. I’m going to miss our gossip girl and glee nights! It’s crazy to think that two years ago we didn’t even know each other yet and now you’re like my sister and I love sharing this small apt with you. I’m so excited for you at USC and I hope and pray that God will just continue to guide you through it all and that you enjoy studying there. I’m glad you’re still close by enough :):):)!! And you never have to worry, you are definitely invited ;);)- you know what I’m talking about :D.
2. Kelly Lew- It’s going to be so weird not having you around here at the apts either! We knew each other since high school and during my first year of college, you and R.Law both helped make the first year so much better. I’m going to miss your smile with the biggest dimples. I’m going to miss all the talking we do too! Oh, I will definitely miss Gossip Girl and Glee nights also!! I think we should all totally vchat while watching it one day ;). It’s awesome to see you finish and about to start something new. I hope that God will bless you also with whatever you do in the upcoming future and may you enjoy the work He provides you with.
I just have a bunch of random things that I wanted to jot down and remember about today.
1. Love worshiping with our worship team today :).
2. Pre-K and Kindergarten kids will make you lose your voice and energy, especially when one girl wants to kiss another girl and the other girl comes running towards you to tell you she’s scared. But they always keep you on your feet on what to say and how to say things with gentleness and in ways they can understand you.
3. My mom saying, “Are you going to eat first then walk Lexi, or are you going to walk her then eat her?” Then after laughing, she continues by saying how she thinks Lexi would be really tasty. EW!
4. I watched my dad lie down on the floor just to let Lexi lick his entire face and give him a wet willy. Most absurd sight ever.
5. I just have an awesome man by my side.
6. Awaiting Tuesday to be over with so I can finally enjoy life. Just kidding, I enjoy life, but I can’t wait to get physics over with!
At one point in this semester I really thought I wasn’t going to pass a class and I have never had that feeling before and I was scared because I thought about how it would mess up my plans for the upcoming semesters. But I just said oh well, try harder next time. And with God’s grace, I was able to and get out of that scary zone. Now it’s almost time for finals, and all I want to do is just get all these tests over with. I feel more pressure now than that moment when I thought I might fail that class. UGH! I just had to write it out.
A few months ago I thought about all the things I needed to do in order to get ready to apply to Physical Therapy programs and I asked myself why in the world I even chose this in the first place. There were so many things I needed to do, I didn’t even know where to start. Felt like going into something different so I could avoid it all. But these past two weeks, I’ve gotten the ball rolling and it’s been a little relieving.
- Signed up for another prereq class for summer. - Figured out my senior year schedule (almost) - Signed up for GRE’s :(. Got books to start studying for it from Katherine - Set up summer volunteer schedule with Center for Developing Kids again - Applied for Arcadia Methodist Volunteer, hoping to get into the PT and Rehab Unit. - Asked for Professor Recommendation already - easier than I thought.
I’m just readying myself for a hectic summer now because there’s still so much to do! Oh, and also financially draining summer with the applications and summer school. I can’t wait till I finish the GRE test and just have a great 21st birthday, no matter what I’m doing.
I drove up to a BOA drive-thru ATM, rolled down my windows and was about to stick my card in when I noticed a load of little flies just hanging around the ATM. I don’t mean a group, I mean mass loads of flies. I quickly stuck my hand back in and got ready to drive off as quickly as I could. I looked forward through front windshield and saw TONS of them already on my windshield. Then I looked down and saw some on my legs!!! I quickly closed my side window and drove off as fast as I could so the flies would be blown off. When they were all gone, I opened my window again and tried to get the flies on me out. I screamed, waved my arms around, and drove. Got to a second ATM and it had the same flies all over it!! But this time it was 100x less than the other one so I quickly got my money and ran off. I can still feel them on me… :( If you know me, you know I detest insects with everything I have. Scariest moment.
Before that though, I printed my hw out right before class and still ended up forgetting to bring it to class :(. Thank goodness instructor was awesome and let me turn it in late.
In these past two weeks, God has shown our family how beautifully sovereign He is in every detail. God knows when to give and when to take and how to do so with the most grace. He allowed my grandma to open her eyes and see all her children, even the ones that live in North America who flew red-eyes out. He allowed her to be able to listen and understand as my dad shared the gospel with her. He gave her enough time to ponder and accept Him. He gave her a whole week to spend time with her sons and daughters. He took her away peacefully, so that she no longer had to endure anymore pain. He gave us time to prepare for that moment. Perfect timing, perfect grace, He is perfect.
I will see you again one day and we’ll get to spend more time together